Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Patch Face Mask

As the saying goes, necessity is the mother of invention, and it couldn't be more true than when applied to body care needs. Autumn, in all her splendor, has brought on the swift need for firing up the wood stove in my house, which is one of the housekeeping routines I honestly enjoy most. Makes me feel strong and capable and husky.
However, every time I blow on the first flickers, helping to fuel the flames, I inevitably get a big face full of smoke. Repeated numerous times, my fire-starter earnestness both warms the house and dries out my skin. Glenn, the dogs and the cats get a toasty abode while I get leatherface. 
To combat this, I recently took a cue from the bounty of pumpkins I've seen adorning both front stoops and fields. Pumpkins have loads of vitamins and antioxidants, plus they moisturize your skin to boot. So, I whipped up a mask, slathered it on, did the requisite bathrobed-pumpkin-faced-zombie-with-arms-outstretched-thing for Glenn's benefit, and enjoyed a rosy, smooth, complexion for the rest of the week. No more rawhide face for this country lady!

Home made Pumpkin Face Mask:
-1/4 c. pumpkin puree
-2 Tbsp. whole milk yogurt
  Mix together, slather liberally on your face and neck, leave on for 15 minutes, and rinse off with warm water. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't it interesting that so many people think that a body / health treatment won't work unless it smells medicinal. i'm all for the natural, sweet-smelling benefits of real, natural products.

Bonner said...

This would never even have occurred to me. I guess anti-oxidants can be absorbed through the skin? Hurray for the multi-facetedness of pumpkins. Although I've long thought leatherface was under-rated, especially as a Halloween look.

Rachel said...

what no picture of the face??