Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Clucking Around

Alright, friends. It's time to chat chickens!!!!

I'm prepping for the "Backyard Chickens" class I'll be teaching tomorrow evening at the local community college and that got me thinking that I need to post my next class chez English. So, let's engage in a bit of "fowl language," to borrow from the title of my very clever friend Kristina's column in Chickens magazine.

This is a great time of year to start talking about chickens. If you've got them, we'll discuss things to survive the winter intact. If you're thinking of getting them, we'll discuss what's involved in sourcing chicks and caring for them. In short, we'll go from chick to layer-comb to toes, as it were.

So, here's the details:
*We'll meet out here on October 15th (leaf peeping season!!!)
*The class will run from 11-2 p.m..
*Class cost is $40 per person.
*Lunch will be provided, along with beverages, and is included in the cost, along with hand-outs.
*Size is limited to 15 people.

If you're interested in attending, let me know in your comment. Please be sure to leave a means of contacting you there, as well, or, if you'd prefer to keep your information private, just shoot me an email at: ashleyadamsenglish(at)gmail(dot)com. Also, if you have any dietary concerns (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, hate raw onions, etc.), let me know in your comment please.

See some of you soon, hopefully! And, to really dangle a carrot in front of you, let me just tell you that it is absolutely GORGEOUS out here that time of year. Just sayin'....

11 comments:

Kristina said...

I love it!! I can't imagine a more beautiful place to eat a wonderful lunch, talk about chickens, and "leaf peep"!

Bee Girl said...

Absolutely wish I was just a wee bit closer! Enjoy your day! I'm sure it will be absolutely fantastic!!!

Mariah said...

Hi Ashley! Sign me up for the class! Had to miss the canning class last time, but I will definately be there for this one!

Mariah
eat@tomatojamcafe.com

elisa said...

don't i wish! x

Grace said...

Sign me up! You can reach me at gracesnature at yahoo dot com

Kirsten said...

Hey Ashley, I would love to join the class! Definitely add me to the list. You can email me at kirstencorsaro@mac.com

Hollie said...

I wish I lived closer so I could attend! I would love to learn more about my small (6) flock.

PS-Your Keeping Chickens book has become my chicken bible!

Tam. said...

OH I wish you were closer! I love my chickens, I could always learn something new! I hope you have a great class.

erika said...

Count me in! I've been wanting to take a chicken class for the past few years and I've been wanting to meet you and see your digs for the past few months! Super! You can reach me at mayorofhooperville@gmail.com

Mimi said...

I would love to attend the class. I'll be coming from Winston-Salem and will need driving driving directions please. My contact is ilovespeech at hotmail dot com

Onion said...

Hi! Is there still room in the class?? I've found myself working dangerously close enough to drive up and take the class if you'll have me!! Please email me and let me know jennmoye at gmail dot com

Thanks!!