Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fringe Benefits


It's always this good. Seriously. Glenn whipped up this blue-cornmeal-crusted-local-catfish-with- blueberry, corn and yellow cherry tomato relish-atop-cabbage-slaw number while I ran out to get AAA batteries. 
When I wrote my mental list of qualities I'd like in a spouse, gourmet chef seemed a bit too much to ask for. I went instead for things like character, integrity, the ability to not take oneself too seriously. I got all that AND my own personal Thomas Keller. Oh, and we washed it down with ACE hard cider. Happiness is a full belly and a husband, barefoot and chef-ing in the kitchen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful presentation! Cudos to the chef, Glen! Maybe you could post the recipe?
Wendy

Anonymous said...

and one of the fringe benefits to being your friend is being treated to some of these meals myself. i never cease to be amazed by both of you in the kitchen. always a lesson in creativity and generosity.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Ashley English~my, this does look divine...and to find your co-creative, cooking counterpart...you have been blessed. I am enjoying checking in with your blog and connecting with your sweet and savory spirit through all you bring to the table, literally. I actually have been inspired to do more inventive baking myself thanks to your reverence for fine food. Thanks for sharing your talents and abundance! Miss you,
Leigh

Anonymous said...

that looks delicious!