Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chicken Tenders

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that my "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up on Design Sponge. This week I chose to give a "quick and dirty" introduction to keeping chickens (or chicken tendering, if you will!), as the topic dovetailed with the release of my "Keeping Chickens" book (book #1 in the Homemade Living series; book #2, "Canning & Preserving" made its debut this week, too) this past Tuesday.

If you don't yet have chickens, I'd suggest my book as a great hand-holding primer to get you started. And if you've already got a crew of fine feathered friends, there's plenty in there for you, as well!

Happy Weekending, everyone!

Psst...my buddy Jenna Woginrich is giving away a copy of my book over at her phenomenal homesteading blog Cold Antler Farm. The contest runs through tomorrow evening, so stop by, tell her "howdy", and try your hand!

4 comments:

Paula said...

That's a fine looking hen house and covered yard!

Riddle me this: why do the captcha phrases in the word verification box always look like places in Canada?

This one's midewoon.

You know, like Midewoon, Saskatchewan.

Paula said...

Oh yeah- you got a plug here as well:

http://www.homegrownevolution.com/2010/04/keeping-chickens-by-ashley-english.html

This one's uninam.

Like in Uninam, Manitoba. See what I mean?

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your book in every spare moment. I love it! Well written, fun and I am learning so much.

Girl In An Apron said...

Can't wait to read the book! I love our chickens and their lovely fresh eggs! Thank you for creating such a sweet resource!