Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Importance of BEE-ing Aware


This short video on a NYC beekeeper highlights the absolutely vital role these busy bodies perform. Take a gander. And while you're busy gandering about, come view my guest blog today over at What Possessed Me.

*Small Measure:
Bring your own to-go containers. While I love the occasional Chinese or Mexican take-out, I don't so much love the styrofoam that such cuisine is sometimes packaged in for transit. So, instead, I schlep my own to-go containers in with me. Most restaurants will gladly accommodate the request to pack your victuals in any clean container you provide. Much like keeping canvas shopping bags in the car at all times, I keep metal Sigg containers on hand so that, should a sudden hankering for lomein hit, I'm prepared to cart away my food in a reusable vessel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEE-UTIFUL

nicole said...

such a great tip. i think most people simply aren't aware that they can supply their own reusable containers when taking out food. i have always felt bad when getting takeout from my favorite chinese joint, resulting in two plastic bags and multiple plastic containers. i'm going to try your trick next time.