Friday, June 1, 2012

What I'm Digging

Happy Friday, friends! 'Tis a special day, chez English. A special weekend, in fact. Today marks another glorious trip around the sun for Hubs, while tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of when we took the nuptial plunge and read our vows to each other down in our lower field. He's a man of immense talent, overflowing generosity, and profound humility, this man 'o mine. I can't imagine a better partner to go through this journey of a life with. Huxley thinks he's pretty swell, too!

Since we both work from home, and are always with our little guy, we've, believe it or not, yet to have a date for just the two of us since becoming parents. And so, with excitement in our hearts and complete confidence in the babysitting abilities of my little sister (who is visiting) in our noggins, we're headed out tonight for a fancy dinner at Curate. I can't wait to put on something pretty, make a toast to Hub's birth and the strength of our union, and then chow down.

In the meantime, here's a smattering of this's and that's that caught my attention this week:
*Anthrologie has a magazine, and they recently profiled two lovely female farmers
*The first lady wrote about the first garden.
*Homemade orange creamsicles!
*DIY nontoxic sunscreen.
*THIS tree fort!
*Loving the Lexicon of Sustainability.
*Blueberry Lemon Verbena pie, oh my!
*Create a wild pollinator habitat.
*How to take better food photos (I SO needed to learn this).
*Homemade seed bombs.
*Love this necklace.

Also, the season of s'mores is upon us. I've got a post chatting about that very thing today over on Design Sponge.

Wherever you go this weekend, whatever you do, and whomever you do it with, may it be grand!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Have so much fun on your date! The s'mores look excellent. I'm going to jump on those ideas this summer.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your time, it's so precious! Anthrologie is SO overpriced, but nice video...

Kate Moore said...

I can see why this is all stuff you're diggin'. I'd be diggin' it too.

Bee Girl said...

Wishing you a phenomenal weekend!!!

100 Thoughts of Love said...

Happy anniversary...my chicken and canning books arrived today, thanks again for the sale tip...can't wait to get reading!