Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Humble Cabin In The Woods

This cabin in Northern Idaho, designed by architectural firm Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen, is blowing my mind. In the sage words of Tina Fey, I want to go to there. I've looked at it just about every day for six days now. Check it out yourself. Be sure to move through the thumbnails and watch the short video of the giant window being cranked open. Talk about ventilation. I think I'd like something similar for my birthday. It's only a 'cabin,' right? 

*Image provided by Tropolism

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really neat place!

Emily said...

What a beautiful place. The materials they used are so lovely together and the view is breath taking. Less is more.

Lynne Harty said...

What gorgeous photos of the place too. I love all but the concrete blocks, which leave me cold. But the garage door idea is briliant and I admire the simplicity.