Sunday, March 29, 2009

No More Junk In the Trunk

Heard of Freecycle? It's the absolute best way to gift others with things you no longer want or need, and to keep them from choking up landfills. Case in point: I just today "freecycled" (it becomes a verb when you get onboard!) 1/2 of an old oil drum's worth of kerosene (used by the previous property owners to heat their greenhouses); the worn out  (not to mention torn and somewhat slimy with mold) plastic and shade cloth from said greenhouses; and the plywood and 2'x4''s used to cap the greenhouse ends. At no cost on my end, I might add. Find out if a freecyle exists near you and make your junk available to the world! Do you already Freecycle? Could you see yourself participating in such an endeavor? 
*Small Measure: Freecycle! Your trash is someone else's treasure. You'd be surprised what other folks find value in. 

*Image from Freecycle.org. 


2 comments:

Emily said...

If Sanford and Son were still running on TV, I bet Sanford would be a FreeCycleAHolic!
It's a great idea / great website.

sk said...

I love freecycle! I haven't gotten anything from anyone else yet (I'm never quick enough!) but I love the feeling of finding some scrap wood a new home.