Friday, April 3, 2009

Enjoy the Show

One of my long-time bloggies who recently delurked, Siån (who keeps a pretty fabulous blog herself), posted a link recently I thought I'd share. It's by the Guardian, a UK-based newspaper for those of you unfamiliar with it, and it's full of blessedly cheap and easy things to do this spring.  While some things won't necessarily translate if you're on this side of the pond (are there cuckoos stateside, anyone?), many of them will. 
So, put on some rain boots (or Wellies, as it were), grab a pair of binoculars, and get moving. Hope springs eternal, but springtime delights are decidedly ephemeral! Will you be partaking in any spring-related activities this weekend? 

*Small Measure: The best things in life are free. That's it, plain and simple. Hugs, kisses, a hummingbird's buzz, a wink from a strange old lady-no benjamins necessary. 

*Image by Biltmore.com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are correct that hope springs eternal

Anonymous said...

love it. i'll be under the wisteria this weekend!

Siân said...

Glad you enjoyed that link! The simplest ideas are often the best.

Emily said...

Yes, I believe I will partake in a spring activity this weekend! I’m so excited that most of my perennials have begun shooting off little green shoots. I think I'll clean up my flower beds!

P said...

Oh, that's a great link! I love the Guard; I read it religiously when I lived in London. I will definitely check it out.

I'm busy raking, weeding, pruning, and pulling vines. There is something incredibly satisfying about pulling vines.