Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Difference A Day Makes

Remember yesterday's post, opening with images of our golden leaf-clad ginkgo tree? Well, 'tis no more! A wild wind blew into the cove today and sent the fan-shaped leaves falling off in a slow, steady, stunningly beautiful drop, drop, drop. Reminder enough to appreciate every beautiful fleeting moment as though it were your last.

Huxley's party was heaven. Wild and wily and filled with laughter and goodness. A detailed post is coming. Until then, I'm going to go take a nap with our wild man with gratitude in my heart for an amazing community of friends and family, a smiling babe that loves to snuggle and giggle, and a ginkgo tree that gently reminds me to stop and seize the day, since tomorrow, it'll be gone.


4 comments:

BLowe said...

We have a Gingko in our front yard and every fall it seems I come home one day to find it naked! I hope I catch the leaves dance their last dance this year...

elisa said...

amazing. i remember when the seasons seemed to stretch on and on for me, and now they flit by! x

Amber Pixie Shehan said...

I realized the same thing...all the trees clad in gold and red are quickly baring their bodies to the cold! *shiver*

I'm so glad Huxley's party went well. Happy Halloween!

oukay said...

I remember a large ginkgo tree in our neighborhood in Mobile, Alabama, where we lived for a few years when I was very young. It was felt like there was sunshine all around you even if it was cloudy. It made quite an impression on me!