Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Love

Huxley got some quality reading time in with his grandmother ("Gigi") and great-grandmother ("Nanny") yesterday. They typically come over every Sunday, when Hubs heads out for 4 hours (!!!) of board time with the local Scrabble club. As we were having friends over for brunch today, we switched things up and hung out yesterday.

I can't even begin to tell you how much it makes my heart swell to have four generations of love together every week. It's a wonderful thing to behold.

4 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

you are very fortunate...in losing my father, all i could think of was, i will never get to have him be a grandpa to my kids someday. you are beautifully fortunate :)

Jasmine said...

Such a lovely picture.
And such a lovely sentiment. One of the things I most look forward to having kids is cooking 3 generations together in my kitchen and my mother's.

Also, I love this photo shot of your kitchen... and especially the shelves of plants there by the window.

www.bunchberryfarm.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This makes MY heart swell. We love you guys!
(Mal)

Mindy said...

I love having four generations in one place too. My mom, the great grand mom, has been I'll which makes every get together even more precious. So glad you get to share the love every week!