Friday, January 6, 2012

What I'm Digging

Hi friends! Happy Friday! We had a pretty great week, chez English, save for Wednesday night when Huxley poked his finger directly into my right eye and I thought a trip to the E.R. was imminent (oof!). Otherwise, this week was an especially fantastic one, as I got to view and edit the unbound copy of my new book. Oh, man. It far surpassed my expectations. You're going to love it. Details are coming, just as soon as I'm free to give them to you.

In the meantime, here's a smattering of some eye candy, brain musings, and listening pleasure I came across this week:
*These images of the Ross Sea in the Antarctic are stunning.
*I'm curious about Uncle Harry's products. Anyone familiar with them?
*Lykke Li's new album is heaven.
*A recipe for making Scandinavian-style room temperature yogurt.
*I pretty much love every single one of Lady TA's dresses and skirts (and the prices! AMAZING!).
*The Joy of Quiet.
*Love this tote from Anna.
*New season of Portlandia begins tonight. YESSSSSS!!!
*A Pie Fairy!
*My lovely friend Faryn picked up this amazing all-natural scented modeling clay for Huxley!

Whatever you do this weekend, wherever you go, may it be grand!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've ordered from Uncle Harry's before. Pretty decent stuff, but I prefer Mountain Rose Herbs. Better selection and more for your money.

Melanie J. said...

I have such a crush on the Hux man...too beautiful!!!

EcoGrrl said...

don't believe the hype on portlandia! :) okay, the allergy parade is kinda awesome. but doesn't anybody realize carrie brownstein is NOT from portland like the media says? she's from olympia where sleater-kinney began. oy vey. just sayin' :)

thinking this is the year of makin' ashley inspired cheese.

thanks for beautiful posts and silly boy photos :)

El Gaucho said...

I loved "The Joy of Quiet" article, thanks for passing it along. It's good to know that others feel the same pervasive (and often times) insidious creep of technology and actively work to limit its influence on our brains.

Courtney said...

Have you been to http://www.culturesforhealth.com/?

You can buy all manner of starter cultures there, including room temperature yogurt starters, Scandinavian-style. They also have great directions and suggestions for using their products. And no, I don't work for them or anything, I just like their products :-)

Sherrie said...

Oooh, great links! I loved The Joy of Quiet. Huxley is adorable. And after borrowing your dairy book from the library no less than three times, I finally ordered a copy for myself. :)

Anna said...

I always enjoy checking out your links -- the arctic photos are incredible. Thanks for sharing my bag, I'm glad you like it!

Meghan said...

Nice pics, but they're not the Arctic, the Antarctic...those of us who live in the Arctic are fully aware that if there is a penguin in the picture, it has gotta be the Southern hemisphere!

Alison said...

Thank you for sharing the article, "The Joy of Quiet." We really try to keep the screen time to a minimum in our home. And, we've chosen not to have cell phones. We feel that our family is healthier and happier as a result.

ashley english said...

meghan-you are so right! sorry about that! just amended the text.