Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Great Pumpkin

We had this stack of beauties for breakfast today, in honor of the occasion. They're pumpkin & crystallized ginger waffles and they are the epitome of pumpkin perfection. Thanks to my sister Devan for turning us on to them during her visit last weekend. Don't deny yourself the power of the pumpkin! Give them something good to eat!

Recipe can be found here. Happy Pumpkin Day! 

*I think the photo might be mildly blurry, not sure. My eyeglasses are still in recovery. Was wearing my sunglasses, indoors, on a very grey day, in an always darkened house, when taking the shot. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look amazing! hum

Jessie K said...

YUM!!! Looks so delicious!!!

Unknown said...

They look super, but in checking the recipe, I see it calls for canned pumpkin puree. If folks grow their own pumpkins or bought them at a farmers market, they can provide their own pumpkin puree.

ashley english said...

Absolutely, Robin. Your suggestion is my preference, actually!

Anonymous said...

My copy of the waffles is GREAT! You can almost taste them! Luvins MOM!