Friday, October 23, 2009

Staycation, All I Ever Wanted

Local travel, aka the "staycation,"  dovetails nicely with both the resurgent interest in eating close to home and '09 recession budgets. Come check out my post on this week's "Small Measures with Ashley" over at Design Sponge where I chat about the pleasures that can be found close to home. 
May your weekend be awash in all of your favorite things. Mine will include good times spent with the oldest of my two younger sisters, Devan, and a motley crew of apple-victual-bearing friends tomorrow night (for our "Sweet & Savory Apple Potluck"). Photos and apple creation descriptions forthcoming!

*Image from here

2 comments:

Megan Dempsey said...

I love the ideas of staycation. This weekend we left San Francisco and took a day trip to a ranch in Capay Valley, only 90 minutes away, but it felt like we were gone for days!

Anonymous said...

I WENT TO MOREHEAD CITY,BEAUFORT AND GREENVILLE ALL IN NC AND LOVED IT. IT WAS TIME FOR MOM TO GEEEETTT AWAAAAY!!!!! BUT IT IS GREAT TO BE HOME!!!!
LOVE MOM