Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chicken Tenders

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that my "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up on Design Sponge. This week I chose to give a "quick and dirty" introduction to keeping chickens (or chicken tendering, if you will!), as the topic dovetailed with the release of my "Keeping Chickens" book (book #1 in the Homemade Living series; book #2, "Canning & Preserving" made its debut this week, too) this past Tuesday.

If you don't yet have chickens, I'd suggest my book as a great hand-holding primer to get you started. And if you've already got a crew of fine feathered friends, there's plenty in there for you, as well!

Happy Weekending, everyone! buddy Jenna Woginrich is giving away a copy of my book over at her phenomenal homesteading blog Cold Antler Farm. The contest runs through tomorrow evening, so stop by, tell her "howdy", and try your hand!


Paula said...

That's a fine looking hen house and covered yard!

Riddle me this: why do the captcha phrases in the word verification box always look like places in Canada?

This one's midewoon.

You know, like Midewoon, Saskatchewan.

Paula said...

Oh yeah- you got a plug here as well:

This one's uninam.

Like in Uninam, Manitoba. See what I mean?

abby said...

I have been reading your book in every spare moment. I love it! Well written, fun and I am learning so much.

A Girl in a Apron said...

Can't wait to read the book! I love our chickens and their lovely fresh eggs! Thank you for creating such a sweet resource!