Sunday, April 25, 2010

Earth Day Eating

Wow. So, the other day, when I talked about hopefully catching my breath this week? Yeah, so much for that. This past week was full of sheer madness. To begin, my new job, which I adore, saw me up at 4 a.m., twice. In order to arrive at work at 5 a.m., it's necessary that I tug-of-war myself out of bed well before the slightest sliver of sunlight warms the eastern sky. I know I'll get used to it, but doing it twice in one week was brutal, to say the least.

My zombie-like, eye-rubbing, out-of-sorts situation was compounded by an internet that was on the fritz. As I rely heavily on the world wide web for much of my work, hubs and I had to pack up and set up shop in a nearby coffee shop several times during the week while we chinked away at solving our internet conundrum. After trying both a new modem and then a new router (neither of which solved our quandry), a technician came out this morning and saved the day. We're back in business. WHEW!

Meanwhile, my "Small Measures with Ashley" post went up on Design Sponge on Friday. Inspired by Earth Day, I chose "Earth Day Eating, Everyday" as this week's topic.

I'll be in bed in 1 1/2 hours, gearing up for another early morning at the bakery. I'm on my own tomorrow (at least for the first few hours until the owner, Jodi, comes in), as the lead baker will be moving back to Vermont this week (bon voyage, Jenne!). Wish me luck! And have a fabulous week, yourselves!

*Image from here.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I just wanted to tell you what an inspiration your books are! I am officially going to be keeping chickens! I have a decent size back yard but the neighborhood I live in thinks I am crazy. Guess what? That's okay. My 2 little girls are going to be so excited. We will be getting them in Mid June! Thanks for a great blog and all of the inspiration.

Lynne Harty said...

Better you than me with that early wake up call, Ashley! I hope the new job goes well - I"m sure they're glad to have you.

Willi said...

I hope you are having fun at your new job. I look forward to hearing more about your baked goods.