Friday, April 2, 2010

Transition Towns

Happy Friday, friends! My "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up on Design Sponge. Today's topic discusses "Transition Towns", regions worldwide, both small and large, that are adapting vicinity/community-wide measures to prepare for global climate change and peak oil (the time when cheap oil availability diminishes and ultimately ends; the time frame is widely debated regarding when this will occur). I've been massively motivated and inspired by the concepts behind Transition Towns. I hope you will, as well.

Wishing you all a relaxing weekend. Mine will be characterized by time in the garden, tending to my two beehives, and, hopefully, languidly drinking copious amounts of homemade lemonade on the patio. Cheers!

*Image from here.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

I'll be sending the link of your d*s post to my husband. He will find it as inspiring as I did. And I now want to have a Northern Exposure marathon!