Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bug Off!

Happy weekend, everyone! My "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up on Design Sponge. This week's topic discusses all-natural, homemade insect repellents. Don't be a schmuck like me and wait until after you've been assaulted all over the lower half of your body to make my "Mosquito Mist." Do. It. Now. In fact, make some for Pop to show him you really love him, while you're at it.

We're off in less than an hour (with this guy and this gal) to one of my favorite annual events, the Mountain Farm Lavender Festival. There will be goats and chickens and lavender fields and blueberry bushes and labyrinths and mountaintop views and ponds and farm buildings packed with lavender foods (lemonade! cupcakes! ice cream!) and body care items. It's my fourth year attending and I'm totally pumped.

After that, I'll dash back into town for the last of the organic gardening classes I've been taking with Beth and Christopher out at their farm. The topic is on integrated pest management, which I'm always hankering to learn more about. This awesome buddy will be meeting me there. The day promises to be grand, on all accounts!

Have a magical weekend, and don't forget to give a shout out to Pop tomorrow. If yours is anything like mine, than you are a very blessed individual!

*Image from here.

1 comment:

Rebecca Dortzbach said...

thanks for the tips! something I have used to deter ants is cinnamon powder. Ants won't cross cinnamon so if i run a line of powder in winder sills, doorways, or other areas they seem to some through they wont walk over it!