Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Live, and In Person!

Ashevillians and other Western N.C. fans of small measure-let's meet up real time! I'll be presenting a talk this coming Monday evening, June 14th, at the long-lived, much-loved, community-supported/community-minded downtown bookstore Malaprops. Beginning at 7 p.m., I'll discuss my book series, "Homemade Living", including the two titles currently in print, "Keeping Chickens" and "Canning & Preserving", as well as those on the way next spring, "Home Dairy" and "Keeping Bees." You can read more about the event here.

I'd love to shake your hand, sign your book, give you a friendly hug, or just chat chickens or canning or small-scale homesteading at large (or whatever else we discover we both enjoy!). As I've yet to achieve David Sedaris-style fame, the event is free and open to the public.

See you there!
*Image from here.

5 comments:

CallieK said...

Wish I lived closer! I ordered Keeping Chickens from my local bookstore and they called yesterday to tell me it's arrived- the only thing that would make me happier would be a signature in it!

Mommy in the Making said...

Ooooo come to Boston for a talk/signing!!!! We have a spare room you can stay in :)

Amanda

Jenna Woginrich said...

oh my god i miss malaprops...

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,
I wanted to come to your talk, but had to rush out of town for family. Will you be giving another talk in town? I work at Warren Wilson so perhaps we can arrange for you to come to campus & do a canning seminar. I was just talking with students who are in the midst of a canning frenzy.
Kelly

ashley english said...

hi kelly! a canning seminar at warren wilson sounds great! i don't know how much longer the students will be around, though, and i've got plans through early july.
i'm going to be doing a talk sometime in september, i think, at city lights bookstore in sylva. nothing planned, otherwise, though.