Sunday, April 3, 2011

Compound Butter

Hi everyone! My "Small Measures with Ashley" is up over at Design Sponge. This week I'm talking about making compound butters using springtime herbs. These lovely spreads take a dish from "ho-hum" to "DY-NO-MITE!" in seconds. Fer reals.

Hope your Sunday is going well. It's hovering close to 70 degrees outside here, so, no complaints. My little dude is sleeping soundly beside me on the bed, flanked on both sides by pillows nestling him in. I tried this method of napping on him yesterday and, wonder of wonders, it worked! He dozed for over 2 hours last night while Hubs and I enjoyed a night in (like we have anything besides nights in these days!), munching on pizza and watching a movie so bad that I dare not shame myself into sharing it here.

My mom and grandmother are on their way over for some quality baby-cuddling time. I'm busy, busy, busy at work on my 5th book, squeezing in writing whenever, and however, I can. Our beehives are totally jamming. I'm going to work them later this week, on a warm, sunny day with less of a breeze than today. The chickens are content. We're working on getting our spring garden in. Hubs built a raised bed and trellis for peas yesterday and I'm hoping to get the starts into the ground today. Things seem to be humming along chez English!

Wherever you are, whatever you're up to, may your day, and week ahead, be glorious and grand.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Oooohhh a new book? Can you let us know what its about? Now you got me excited cause I have all your other books and one more would look really nice on the shelf :)

Grace said...

Hooray for peacefully sleeping babes, and pea trellises. Hope your week is a happy productive one.

Helene said...

Good luck on book #5! I have "Home Dairy" and I love it!

Anonymous said...

I was just about to order your other books (after much coveting), and the prospect of another is really exciting.

Tam. said...

YAY! Book #5! I can't wait! Would you mind sharing your pea trellis? I need to build some soon. We had snow again today, I'm thinking i'll not be gardening until JUNE! :(

Anonymous said...

aloha ashley... happy homemaking... it is so lovely to read about your homestead living. love it- very heart-warming and inspirational as usual!

Jane said...

I just read your beekeeping book cover to cover and you've inspired me to follow through on my desire to try this for myself. I picked up my hive yesterday and will be busy painting it today, then modeling my bee suit for my friends so they can get all their laughter out at once. Can't wait to be part of the bee world!