Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ain't No Woman Like the One I've Got

Ain't no doubt about it! My mom is the tall(-ish) one on the right in the photo above. SO FIERCE, right??? She rocked the '70's like no one's business. In fact, she rocks the '10's like no one's business, too (this is the woman, mind you, who came to my college graduation in a floor-length cheetah print caftan and has never met a cocktail ring or oversized purse she didn't immediately befriend).

My mother is a force to be reckoned with, and she taught me a great deal about standing up for yourself and making sure your voice is heard. She's funny and sassy and affectionate and a great deal more. We have our moments, like all mothers and daughters do, but, now that I'm a mom myself, I understand just a bit more where her ferocious attachment to her children comes from. Lord knows, I love Huxley something wild!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom, and happy day to you the lovely mamas of the world, as well!

4 comments:

{ T G L } said...

That's awesome and one cool, retro photo. Gotta love the flared pants. Your mother sounds like quite the personality! Good for her :)

I wish you and your mother both a lovely Mother's Day.

This Good Life

Amy said...

I love the colors in that photograph and your mom sounds wonderful. I'd love to raid her closet I'm sure!

Morgan G said...

Love it, Ashley. She looks like badass. In a sweet, motherly way.

Sherrie said...

Love the outfit! And looking at that picture next to the one of you in the sidebar, you guys look a lot alike. :)