Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Glove Connection

A few posts back, I mentioned that I was sporting fashionable yet chilly fingerless alpaca gloves. Ever the sweet soul, Cat over at Neo-Homesteading tipped off her buddy John of DR Power about my glove plight. A stranger to me, John, in an act of extreme generosity, then shipped me a complementary pair of Elkskin gloves from his company, DR Power Equipment. Made by a small company in Oregon, the gloves are super soft, yet durable. They're also perfect for outdoor cold weather tasks, as the gloves are lined inside with Thinsulate.  

I wasn't familiar with DR Power. Now that I am, I wanted to tip you off to them, as well. Here's a description of his company that John sent me: 

At DR Power Equipment, we care deeply for the places and the properties we call home. When we leave our offices or the manufacturing floor, we head home to feed the chickens, mow the lawn, or split some firewood. Our connection to our community and the land here in Vermont is part of the reason we build machines the way American manufacturers used to. Quality is non-negotiable here. 

John sent along a catalogue with the gloves and there are some seriously nice offerings included in its pages (I've got my eye on their greenhouse!). While there are many bigger ticket items like mowers, trimmers and weeders, there's also a host of offerings in the lower price range. 

I'd also highly encourage you to check out this e-book on winterizing your property put out by DR Power. It's loaded with helpful tips for maximizing your energy usage during the colder months and for keeping your house and property as fortified against Jack Frost as possible. While you're reading up on winterizing, I invite you to check out this Design Sponge post I made on the subject two years ago, after a sudden, intense snowfall rendered us out of power and short on supplies (some serious lessons were learned then, I'm telling ya!). 

Thanks Cat and John for your kindness! Winter (and my fingers) will be all the better for it!!! 

2 comments:

Neo-Homesteading said...

I sincerely hope they do you good! Living in the mountains I know how awful it can be to have purple fingers and no solution.

EcoGrrl said...

It's too bad that they are made of elk skin. Would like some animal-product free glove recommendations if anyone has any...?