Friday, December 2, 2011

What I'm Digging

Hi friends! Happy Friday! December is fully upon us now and we're into the holiday spirit, big time, chez English. I'll be hosting my 4th annual Ladies Cookie Exchange tomorrow. It's always a good time, with lots of raucous laughter, hearty hooch swilling, and delectable sugary bliss.

Here's a sampling of what's caught my eye, tugged at my heartstrings, and intrigued my senses this week:
*These animal-themed display windows are exquisite (via Anthology)
*Been enjoying Nicole's tempting recipes.
*Think I'll decorate our mantle with one of these.
*This book seems right up my alley.
*Hubs swears Lucky Peach is the best food magazine ever.
*Julio is an inspiration to people everywhere.
*Even banks are getting into honeybee stewardship.
*Speaking of bees, I gave a talk at UNC-Asheville yesterday to a group of students about beekeeping and then made this lip balm with them. Good times!
*Been putting a bit of this in my morning glass of water to (hopefully!) keep the winter yucks at bay.
*Picked up two of these recycled plastic feeders and the birds of the cove are digging them just as much as we are (Huxley loves to stand at the window and watch "his" birdies).

I'm headed to the Big Crafty on Sunday to check out Asheville's wealth of local artisans and then stop by my friend Bailey's house to meet her new twin boys. I'm also not ashamed to admit I'll be viewing a certain sparkly vampire flick on Monday with a crew of lovely ladies. Fun is in the (frigid!) air and I'm glad to be a part of it!

Wherever you go this weekend, whatever you do, may it be grand!!!


3 comments:

Neo-Homesteading said...

I love the idea of homemade lip balm. I've been using plain coconut oil for my chapped ears,nose and lips. (TMI: big ears get chapped easily in the cold weather months)

I might ask the local farm if they ever sell beeswax, or I'll order some. Sounds like such a great gift especially for the ladies!

Amanda Jane Jones said...

have fun at big crafty!

NicoleD said...

I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying my recipes! Thanks for including me. I know someone who's just getting into bee keeping and I'll send her a link to your book. I'm sure she'll love it.