Friday, February 17, 2012

What I'm Digging

Happy Friday, friends! I hope that a little love shined into your life this week, whether you were the one doing the shining or someone else brought the light.

I had a very inspiring lunch yesterday (at new Asheville eatery WALK-sweet potato tots! So! Good!) with a friend planning to open a homesteading supply store in the area. I can't begin to tell you how happy that makes me, as it can be challenging when I'm hoping to make cheese or needing to add supers to my beehives only to discover I'm short on cultures or that I can't make the hour trip out to the nearest apiary supplier's place. As she gets closer to opening her store, I'll provide plenty of pertinent information.

 Here's a round-up of informative, inspirational, and intriguing this's and that's I stumbled upon this week:
*Miranda's blog if full of great projects for both the Bigs and Littles in your life.
*Two sisters, one in the country, the other in the city.
*This show looks right up my alley.
*Look at these canyon photos!
*The purples of winter.
*Marisa details why adjusting for altitude matters.
*I need this magazine.
*Red brussels sprouts! Who knew? (via Camille).
*Essential oils, everywhere!

It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day here. Huxley and I are headed out in an hour to play with a friend and her 14 month-old daughter in town. Friends and babies-YES!

Wherever you go this weekend, whatever you do, and whomever you do it with, may it be grand!

10 comments:

betsy said...

I can't wait to have a homestead supply shop in the area. That's a perfect idea!

The Walk is just stone's throw from my studio and I have to agree, the sweet potato tots are delightful. The Super Mac and sauteed kale are also going on my regular lunch rotation.

Anna said...

We have a great urban homesteading store here in St Paul, it is so nice to be able to get the things I need/love to admire very near by. I'm glad you'll have one nearby, too!

Dixie said...

Your "What I'm Digging" posts are another reason to love Fridays! I always look forward to them. Thanks for sharing these great links. Going to have to try the red brussel sprouts!

Jessie said...

I just know I'm going to waste (spend?) countless hours watching that web series - just like when I found The Perennial Plate! And I can't wait to try The Walk the next time I'm in town (which is never far off)!

Megan said...

Great news about your friends homesteading store. I love the idea!

I'm opening an Urban Farming pop-up shop this Spring which I'm pretty excited about. With profit margins of farm and garden stuff being so low and commercial leases being so insane here in NYC, we're sticking to seasonal pop-ups for now.

Not to bomb your comments with self promotion, but here's the link to our facebook!

Hayseed's Big City Farm Supply: https://www.facebook.com/HayseedsFarmSupply

Michele said...

Little Huxley is looking SO GROWN these days.

(smile)

El Gaucho said...

Sweet potato tots?!?!? Well this just sounds fantastic, we might have to experiment with that this weekend.

Tonya Gunn said...

How wonderful to have the homestead supply nearby! Also congratulations on the new project, Taproot.

Kristin Marsh Shepard said...

I love these "what I'm Digging" posts--always some good nugget of info there! Thanks, Ashley!

barefoot mama said...

Thanks for all of the fun links:) I went to visit the harvest kitchen sisters..how fun! ~ B