Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hey, Soule Sister

Oh, friends. Have I got some NEWS! Next Friday, at 9:55 a.m., Hubs, Huxley and I are hopping on a plane and heading to the chilly shores of Portland, Maine!

When Amanda posted the two launch events for Taproot a few weeks ago, on a lark I imagined attending the Portland Longfellow Books reading, and all of the logistics it would take to make that happen. Enter some frequent flier miles and hotel points from my ever-generous in-laws, along with an invitation to lodge with the Soule clan for a night or two, and my "what if" morphed into reality.

I couldn't be more thrilled. Not only do I get to be present at the launch party of a publication I am honored, humbled and, well, just super pumped to write for, myself and my tiny tribe will get some real-time hang-time with Amanda and her considerably larger one! Double win!!!

If you're in the area, I'd love to meet you. You can read details about the event at Longfellow Books here. Stop by, tell Amanda what a righteous lady she is, and let me give you a hug!

18 comments:

Yasmin said...

How awesome! Have fun.

Maria said...

Awesome!!! I'll live vicariously through you!!!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that! Wish I could meet you all too :) Have lots of fun!

Deborah Granick

robin said...

Don't you love it when things just fall into place like that? Happy for you! Hope you have the best time.

Kim said...

That is really cool! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

annie said...

yahoo! maine is the best, so glad you are coming to visit. don't be surprised if you fall in love! maine maine maine! atlantic! seasons! lobstah! if you want some tips on local seafood happenings, let me know...

Susanna Kellogg said...

Congratulations on your story in Taproot! I grew up in Vermont and while visiting my parents last week the first issue came in the mail. What fun to open a new magazine and see a familiar face. Will you be contributing every issue?

Anna said...

Please tell Portland hello for me. It is the city that feels most like home for me. I am tempted to leave you with many recommendations, but here's the ode to Portland that I wrote shortly before we moved. http://roadtothefarm.blogspot.com/2010/03/portland-maine.html

ashley english said...

Susanna-Indeed I will! I'm so excited!!!

Anna-Thanks for the link!

Angela Watts said...

Ugh, I won't be out of work in time to make it up there (about an hours drive from actual southern southern maine). You'll just have missed the lovely weather we had yesterday and today....in the 60s and sunny.

Enjoy the visit :)

Erin said...

How fun!!!

Bee Girl said...

How absolutely wonderful! Happy travels!!!

Unknown said...

Dontcha love it when a plan comes together?

Angela said...

I am seriously tearing up right now. Your blog is the first one I ever got into and I've been dedicated to checking it almost everyday...my second favorite blog, you may ask? SouleMama! You have just fulfilled my bloggy dreams...Ashley and Amanda in the same house...now if only I was there to share in the smiles and hugs. (sigh) Good luck with the Taproot party...I already have my copy and it's absolutely stupendous!
Hugs (from upstate NY),
Angela
heyzillah@yahoo.com

Melanie J. said...

My 2 favorite bloggers in 1 place! What a meeting of the minds! Enjoy!

Courtney said...

Two of my favorite bloggers in the same place! Sounds like a wonderful time - enjoy!!!

cpcable said...

I got my first issue of Taproot a few days ago and it is just absolutely wonderful. Especially your contribution. Hope the trip goes well!

lora said...

if you're in Portland, you * must * check out Rabelais - a specialty bookstore on cooking, food, and gardening!
http://www.rabelaisbooks.com/