Friday, March 30, 2012

What I'm Digging

Happy Friday, friends! I've been busy, busy, busy all week, working on various freelance projects. Soon as they're up and running, I'll share them with you. So many balls in the air at one time! It's good, though. I'm an ants-in-the-pants-gotta-keep-moving sort of gal, so staying busy suits me just fine.

Here's a smattering of this's and that's that caught my eye this week:
*This new magazine for families is beautiful (via Gabrielle).
*Cake, cake, and mo' cake (via Jen).
*DIY on NPR (via A.J.)
*Nettle foraging from two bloggers I love.
*Eco eggs (& eco grass, too)!  
*Oh, Ireland, you green temptress (via Summer)
*Food & music.
*Locals, an archery workshop!
*Love the styling, color palette and videos of this online magazine.
*Finally, cool ties for menfolk!

Also, I've got a post up on Design Sponge today, all about eating edible wild flowers. We've gone crazy eating from our yard this past week. SO fun!

 Hubs and I are tag-teaming viewing The Hunger Games today. He's at the show now and I'll catch a showing later today. Super pumped. Have you seen it? What's your take on the adaptation to the big screen?

Wherever you go this weekend, whatever you do, may it be grand!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Dark Rye could be a serious time sink for me. Thanks for sharing!

Dixie said...

Once again, great links. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Hey sister!

i've awarded you the versatile blogger award! You can claim it from my blog (no pressure though)... XO!

amanda said...

My hubby and I read the books together a few weeks ago and saw the movie on Sunday~ Obviously, a lot was left out...... gotta say, reading the books, I didn't feel too much like I was reading books for teenagers, but watching the movie, I definitely felt like I was watching a movie for teens. There just wasn't the depth of characters I had hoped for so it bordered on hokey quite often. Not terrible, though. Have fun!

mandi said...

Those cakes! Trouble for sure! I am trying that lemon lavender cake tomorrow. I can hardly stand the wait!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous use of violets on your cake...I've never eaten them before but imagine them as tasty and fragrant as lavender?

jen said...

as for the hunger games, the comment i have heard from a lot of people is that the biggest missing factor is katniss's inner dialogue. that's so much of the book and it just can't come across in film. so it's more an action movie adaptation.

Molly said...

To me, the movie is very much like the book, which (again, to me) was too sad, hopeless, and violent. Book(s) and movie were both entertaining but very disturbing with little to redeem them (besides, maybe, Peeta's character). I guess they are just not my taste--though they certainly seem to be for everyone else! Hope you enjoyed it.

Kim said...

Hunger Games was an awesome book, movie was okay. Too many details were left out which was understandable. A few meaningful details changed. Not what I was hoping for. I could see this an a weekly TV series then the whole story could be told.

I have ate a few violets!

barefoot mama said...

Love all the links. Thanks! Brooke

ashley said...

Kristy Lynn-Aww, shucks! That's so kind of you!!! Truly appreciated!!!