Thursday, August 26, 2010

An Apple A Day


One of my favorite things to do all year is once again upon us! I don't care how big and pregnant I may be, I'm going to go pick apples at Sky Top Orchard. There are goats there! And row upon row of apples! And outdoor play areas for the kiddos! And fresh cider! And hay rides! And hot apple cider donuts!

I'm on the mailing list, so I got this handy flyer in the mail the other day. It's creased because I'd already tucked into into my purse, ready to redeem that $1 off per bushel! Local folks, get on over there. It's paradise!

*Highlights from last year's pilgrimage with Nicole.

8 comments:

Shannon Mac said...

Is this by the Broad River? I went to a great place outside Asheville past the river, but I can't remember the name. Fresh cider, goats (!!), cows, a maize maze, and of course, apples! Have fun!

ashley english said...

Shannon-I'm not sure. It's way on top of a mountain, so if it is near the river, than you can't see it from the orchard. There wasn't a maize maze, though...

nicole said...

I want to go! Let me know when you're headed out. It's worth the trip for the views, cider, and doughnuts alone.

Anna said...

Now I'm dreaming of the crisp crunch of freshly picked apples, cool air and brightly colored trees. Have fun apple picking!

Jen said...

I can't believe apple season is here so early this year. Our orchard emailed the list to let us know all the apples are ready, a good 4 weeks ahead of schedule. It's supposed to be hot this weekend--not my idea of apple weather!

Bailey B said...

did you say hot apple cider donuts?!? um, yes please! let me know when you're going. i'd love to join you if i can.

Bailey B said...

did you say hot apple cider donuts?!? um, yes please! let me know when you're going. i'd love to join you if i can.

i am pam said...

this sounds like a perfect day...i'm very jealous. please have fun for me!