Friday, August 27, 2010

Collecting Cookbooksrs

My "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up today over at Design Sponge. This week's topic is all about my obsession with collecting cookbooks.

I'm off in a few hours to Burnsville, about an hour's drive north of here. Both my mother and my grandmother live there (though, oddly enough, neither of them grew up anywhere near the town). We're having dinner together and then stopping in for a theatrical showing of "Pride & Prejudice", put on at the gorgeous historic Parkway Playhouse.

I'm planning to stay the night at mom's incredible farm house, built in the late 1800's, with a big front porch that offers sweeping views of cows and barns and a pond and Bolens Creek and the Appalachian mountains. It's so gorgeous there. Then I'll dash back tomorrow to get ready for my "In A Pickle" beginning canning class at Farm Girl Garden Design. Should be a great weekend!

Be well, all!

3 comments:

chassie of cb&j said...

i love that we share the same addiction but I'm dying to know more about your cookbook club?! how does it work, what do you do? I'm so intrigued. I do a swap with friends but a club sounds so much more "official" :)

Rois said...

I feel so much better knowing I am not alone in my collecting of cookbooks.

tigress said...

your mom's farmhouse sounds gorgeous!

...and i'm glad i'm not the only one in a pickle around here! have fun!
:)