Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Go, Nanny, Go!!

Happy birthday to my maternal grandmother, Ruby Marie Ingram. "Nanny" turned a young 86 today! Huxley and I spent the day with she and my mom, enjoying a grand lunch at the Switzerland Cafe (Hubs and I usually pronounce the tiny town's name as 'Lil Switzerland, like it's a Dr. Dre production), shopping at Books & Beans next door, and then swinging back into Burnsville (where they both live, about an hour from me) for pecan pie at Mary Janes Bakery & Cafe.

Happy, happy day, Nanny. May I be as spry, sassy and sensational as you are now in 50 years!!!

3 comments:

Indio said...

Congrats to Nanny. You're so lucky to still have your grandmother. Almost every day I wish mine were still alive so I could show her something or ask her a question.

EcoGrrl said...

I echo what Indio said! I don't have any grandparents anymore after losing my gram last month, hold your nanny tight, she has a great light in her eyes!

Nina said...

I love the blouse on your mom? (right side of pic).
Where did she get it? I want one!