Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Small Friends: Barefoot Books

Today I'd like to shine a spotlight on Barefoot Books. Back in May, after my guest post on Soulemama, I received an email from the children's book publisher. They had seen my post there and wanted to send Huxley some books.

I can't speak highly enough of Barefoot. Their selection of reads for babies and children is incredibly well curated. The illustrations are top tier and the subject matter is just the sort of diverse, inspiring material I look forward to sharing with Huxley as he ages.

In the meantime, he's seriously enjoying the Action Rhymes and Nursery Rhymes books pictured above. Mostly, he just gnaws on the corners, but every so often, I'll find he's pulled one of the books out of his toy basket and is gazing at the pages.

Do check out Barefoot. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Jennifer in NC said...

Barefoot's audio books are splendid, too. Grandmother Stories, read by Olympia Dukakis, is a favorite among my children.