Friday, March 12, 2010

Starting Seeds Indoors

Happy Friday, ya'll! My "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up over at Design Sponge. Today's topic discusses "Starting Seeds Indoors."

Honestly, I can't imagine any topic that feels more timely. What with the frogs and the daffodils and the bees climbing around their hives and the muddy mess of a yard from the thaw and the imminent deadline of the fourth book (March 22nd, breathing down my neck!) and the time change this weekend and the gardening classes I'm signed up for, spring is definitely right around the corner.

Bring it, I say. I'm so ready to have dirt in my hair and the smell of vibrant life in my nostrils.

Have a wonderful weekend!

*Image from here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed!

Angela said...

Hi Ashley- I loved your post on D*Sponge. I just started gardening and the folks at Calloway were so helpful. I'm going to have to try your newspaper potting idea.

Jen said...

It's about that time, isn't it! I have intentions of rigging up a flourescent light in the basement to get mine started--otherwise the cat thinks the seedlings are salad for him.

Morgan G said...

Thank goodness for the extra corner of counter space the home builders left behind our kitchen sink. It's prime "ag" farmland right now. : )

Unknown said...

Perfect timing, as usual! I was just thinking I should figure this stuff out. I planting my first garden this year.

Kimberly said...

After seeing your post on Design Sponge, I tried the toilet paper roll method to start my seeds indoors. Here were my results: http://bambinosteps.com/2010/05/how-to-reuse-toliet-paper/. Some of the containers got a little moldy because I kept them too moist and close together, but otherwise it worked great. Thanks for the tips!